A number of studies have shown that essential oils could significantly alleviate anxiety, however it is not clear what dosage is effective.
Other common essential oils have beneficial effects for anxiety and depression:
- Bergamot: calming and relaxing. Alleviates moodiness and helps reduce sleeplessness.
- Chamomile: relieve stress. Helps induce sleep through relaxation
- Clary sage: used to combat depression.
- Frankincense: Relaxation and calming effects in stressful situations. Helpful with meditation.
- Lemon: Could help soothe social anxiety through general mood-boosting qualities.
- Neroli: Reduce stress and may stabilize mood.
- Rose: Promote relaxation, induce calmness and improve sleep.
- Sandalwood: Induce calm and harmony. Helpful with meditation
- Sweet marjoram: Relieved fatigue and depression. Calm the mind
- Ylang ylang: Boost moods through the release negative feelings.
Leave a Comment