Below is a list of statements dealing with your general feelings about yourself. Please indicate how strongly you agree or disagree with each statement:
Strongly Agree = 3; Agree = 2; Disagree = 1; Strongly Disagree = 0
- On the whole, I am satisfied with myself.
- At times I think I am no good at all.
- I feel that I have a number of good qualities.
- I am able to do things as well as most other people.
- I feel I do not have much to be proud of.
- I certainly feel useless at times.
- I feel that I’m a person of worth, at least on an equal plane with others.
- I wish I could have more respect for myself.
- All in all, I am inclined to feel that I am a failure.
- I take a positive attitude toward myself.
Items 2, 5, 6, 8, 9 are reverse scored, which means
“Strongly Disagree” = 3
“Disagree” = 2
“Agree” = 1
“Strongly Agree” = 0
Sum scores for all 10 items:
The scale ranges from 0-30:
Scores between 15 and 25 are within normal range. Scores below 15 suggest low self-esteem, and higher scores indicate higher self-esteem.
Rosenberg, M. (1965). Society and the adolescent self-image. Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press.
Leave a Comment